Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Fall Week 8- Last Week of Modeling

I got a lot done this week in terms of finishing up all the main models for the scene. Added in all the doors and different trims, and got the ground pieces separated out. Trying to decide how I wanted to do the ground took me more time than I would've liked and kind of felt like I was going around in circles for a lot of it. I'm still a little on the fence about it, but I'm hoping that putting it in UDK this week will help me figure out how to do it.
Once I got everything I absolutely needed modeled, I had a little bit of time left over to add in some small assets. I'm really hoping that I can get a Thesis assist next quarter to make some more for me while I work on the textures because the scene just feels really bare right now. Part of that is due to the fact that there aren't any textures, but I'd really like to get a lot of smaller simpler assets done for the scene to help it feel more finished.



I just did some quick AO passes.  I know some of the details I have now will need to be baked down to normals which hopefully wont be too difficult since I still have copies of models when they were lower res. But that is something that will have to wait until next quarter since I will be focusing on setting up the scene in UDK, UVs, and my presentation for finals week for the rest of fall. Hopefully the import and set up in UDK will go smoothly as I took a little long than I initially wanted on the modeling. I'm also hoping to have everything for my final done early so I can knock out as many UVs as possible before the end of the quarter.

Luckily I am very familiar with the UV process (both new and old methods) so I'm not worried about that, it's just getting them all done as efficiently and as quickly as possible. The nice thing about having modular pieces is that I only have to UV each part once and then get to duplicate it as many times as I need instead of having to do the whole building in one set.

Time Tracking:
2h 00m Modeling
4h 00m Modeling
5h 00m Modeling
7h 00m Modeling
2h 30m Modeling
0h 45m Rendering
0h 25m Blog Post

21h 40m Total

No comments:

Post a Comment