Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Fall Week 9: UVs and Exporting

I don't have too many exciting things to show for this week. Most of the work I did involved UVs, which isn't the most exciting thing to look at.  I have also been exporting objects at the same time and slowly building things in UDK. Luckily, I'm very familiar with the UV process and things are actually going better than I was expecting. I have run into an issue with Lighting in UDK however, that I am currently investigating how to fix.

Basically it doesn't want to recognized my UVs for the Lightmaps, so when I bake the lights it looks pretty awful. I've never run into any problems with this before, so I'm not really sure what I am doing differently that is causing them to happen, but hopefully I'll figure it all out soon. There are several ways to fix it, and I'm already going over the options and trying to decided which course of action is the one I want to take. 

Anyways, here're a few of my UV maps that I did this week.




I have UVed 102 objects so far, and have roughly somewhere between 20-50 left. 

And here's a picture of what some of it looks like currently in UDK:

The lights haven't been baked, this is the preview version and so it doesn't look terrible here. 

Other than that, not much else is new. Just a lot of UVing and Exporting, and other than the issue with the light baking, things are going well.

Time Tracking:
4h 15m UV and Exporting
2h 36m UDK Importing and Layout
3h 06m UV and Exporting
7h 00m UV and Exporting
2h 00m UDK Importing and Layout
3h 00m UV and Exporting
1h 15m UDK Importing and Layout
0h 25m Blog Post

23h 37m Total

No comments:

Post a Comment